Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Purpose

My Purpose Is to..........

Love
Mentor
Lead
Teach
Empower
Inspire

These are just a few of the characteristics' needed to change the climate of these dangerous times for people of color. I am ready to take up the charge and do my part in applying the above characteristics' to change the tone of injustice and inequality around me and my community. I know that I am not the only one that feels this way, so I implore those that feel as I do to help unite the people so we can get busy making changes.

We CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT continue down the path set forth. It's time for all the shucking and jiving to stop, it's time for us to stop going about our day as if it's any other day. We are in a time that is requiring all of us to set our differences aside, UNITE and work together for the betterment of our race or we'll be going backwards and will be there in no time.

We have got to get it together people before it's too late, what are we waiting for? They are killing our boys and men at alarming rates with no consequences. What will it take for us to put down the misogynistic music, turn off the destructive images that are forming the minds of our young and old adults. It is not a coincidence that every other channel has images of black and brown people acting a fool, degrading themselves, men degrading women. It's not just entertainment, it's planned and we have fell for the trick.

We are smarter than this, we are an intelligent people. Let's start acting like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment