Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Enlightened........Malcolm X

So I just finished reading The Autobiography of Malcolm X. This book has opened my eyes in so many ways and confirmed I am not wrong in my thinking of race relations or the lack there of here in America.

I find that these words he spoke in the 60's are so relevant today that it's scary. One thing I am learning and ran across in this biography is that in order for us to be on an equal playing field with our oppressors is for us to work together as one unit and stop looking for validation from them. Some of us are warriors, we all can't be warriors, some of us are meek in our approach to equality, with talents beyond the battlefield. What I am saying is don't discount the persons loyalty to the cause because it doesn't resembles yours. We all have our role in this fight, as Malcolm X once said " Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think or as fast. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today". We have got to put our petty differences aside if we want to win this war, and I refuse to think that the tables are already set with us defeated. As I've stated many times we are going to have to be our OWN leaders and stop waiting on some great hope to come to rescue us. We are more than capable of coming together, we did it once and although we have more damning distractions I will not believe that we can't do it again.

We are a more enlightened people, the scales have been removed and we are sick and tired of the status quo. We have to stand for something or we'll fall for anything. Let's get to work.

Sonya Cooke

No comments:

Post a Comment